Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Taxi Driver of the Apocalypse - The Whole Damned Story

It's about time I got back to writing game reviews, before I have to change the heading at the top of the page to read, 'random articles about whatever is crossing my mind right now,' and then I'll just be another inane blogger telling nobody in particular about my pets and recent bathroom visits. While Taxi Driver of the Apocalypse was handy, and gave me something to post until I could recover from pneumonia enough to play some games, it also would have taken another three weeks to finish the story.

I've got a game played and half the review written. It'll be up here Friday. But I didn't just want to leave everyone wondering what happens to Winston Creed (except for those people who don't care, and really just want to know if Castle Panic is any good), so I turned the whole thing into a PDF and uploaded it. You can read it right here:

http://www.vixentorgames.com/taxidriveroftheapocalypse.pdf


Enjoy! Or don't. Not everyone likes stories about hookers and gunfights.

8 comments:

Tensider said...

I've been enjoying the story. Post-apocalypse film noir.

Sharon said...

That was one fine tale. You should try to get it published.

Sharon said...

also, you really should have a donate button somewhere in that left frame by the ads...

Matt Drake said...

Nah, I don't want people to send me money for nothing. If I think of something to sell, you can buy it. I hate going to sites with 'please give me money even though you don't know me or owe me anything' buttons. If you read the site, that's a huge support. If you shop Noble Knight Games, that's even better, since they send me games I can't get otherwise.

One of these days I'm going to sell t-shirts or something. But for now, just stopping by is enough for me.

Matt Drake said...

Oh, and I'm very glad you liked the story.

Mark said...

Is it supposed to say TEXI in the title of this entry? A play on words that is too smart for me or a simple typo?

Matt Drake said...

Nope, that was a typo (which I now fixed). As you can see, I don't have an editor.

Anonymous said...

I can see the T-Shirts now...

Matt Drake, in all his glory yet looking like Mike Douglas in Falling Down, unloading both barrels of a coach gun into a Mutant Chronicles box while the other arm is around the waist of a cheap hooker, holding a bottle of Macallan 18 year.

Yeah, I'd buy that shit in a heartbeat.

~Pete